Start Your Own Business - Tips, Advice and My Story

Starting your own business can be one of the most dangerous things you can do. It takes courage and vision, bucket loads of hard work, basket full of determination and a bit of luck, all this and you're still halfway. No one prepares you for what you really are going to have and I'm not trying to be. What I will do is start sharing my story and my experience of my own business.

By reading this series of articles, you can begin to understand the trials and tribulations that you are considering your face when you contemplate starting a business financing and premises in this article first problem, suppliers, customer and evening! So as the saying goes, let's start from the beginning ...

In the beginning ...

In early 2005, I decided to leave college and start my own business. I find a very difficult decision because I always wanted to do my own thing, run my own business and be my own boss. I think even then I thought it was something that everyone wanted, but some people did and some not.

I had never taken the time to understand that some people really do not want to have their own business and that's something that only affects a few.

Introduction

I had my "idea" as it was then, essentially, a concept for a product that did not seem to offer at the time and that's it. That was all I had. The first steps are the hardest, because they do not really know where or how to start. It is so easy to give up before you start then. I often hear people say: "I just want to know where to start", and this is the first obstacle to overcome.

I have all this in several ways: first, he was talking about. I talked to everyone who would listen about my idea and my plans for a business, some people offer encouragement, but the intruder had some gems to offer and even the odd touch to share. One thing I've picked up this conversation was that there were plenty of free advice and assistance available to small business growth.

Call me naive, but this has not happened to me. So I immediately began contacting organizations like Businesslink, Access for Business, the local council, etc and I discovered what was there in the form of advice and funding.

Funding

Which brings me to my next funding obstacle. Yes, this is something big, and I wonder all the time. The fact is that if you start your own business, you have to put much money in it once at startup and once your gear.

I was fortunate to have the support of family and friends and my own savings to get me started, add this to which he was very happy to have Businesslink and noticed subsidy. Many are not so lucky in terms of start-up funds. Many people I've talked to over the years have had to beg and borrow to get the business going - the basic message in all success stories has been determined. You can make things happen, you just have to keep trying.

If you are going to approach banks make sure you are fully prepared in advance. It's kinda like Dragons Den from - you need to know the numbers. Do not make an appointment with the bank manager and go ahead without asking $ 20,000 a specific plan and the idea of ​​where it goes. Especially in the current economic climate must show that you will succeed and have something to offer up just in case.

Something that has worked well for me took advantage of the free advice and assistance provided by government programs. Initially, these meetings can feel like a waste of time to talk about business plans and projections when all you want to do is go out and make things happen.

I was patient and it paid off. Many business consultants I met during these embryonic stages continue to work with me today. Significantly, these advisors are aware that government funding is available and there are many who will guide you through the application. Whenever I have the intention of a new project, always check with my business advisor - I had no idea how it would perform without problems this time.

Local

After talking to many colleagues and friends who have started their own businesses, they all seem to enjoy looking back at our local game. This is a great thing on your mind when you start a business, you have a vision of what you want, but finding and giving are completely different things.

Obviously, the nature of your company can dictate the type of place you want. Mine did not. I knew from the beginning that the document would be an online business I could run from virtually anywhere. Having a father in the real estate market helped here and it was enough to show me some local guy.

I took a small office in a rural village 30 minutes from my house. Looking back, there were many things I did not consider when making this office that later became problems.

First space. I took a small office, and that was all that was available and I could afford, but it was not long before I did not have enough space for action.

Secondly, do not consider expanding it. Although he dreamed of having a successful business with a dozen or so people I do not want it in my head when I was looking local. I took the "I'm shocked to have this problem to deal with the attitude - guess what, it was! When extended to four employees and no space to produce the orders that I realized I would have thought a little more.

At this point I feel very fortunate and business was a large desk on the floor below me. was thinking at this time and examined further expansion. The owner told me that there were two offices adjacent mines that could develop in the future and that Part of my new office was a drywall that may be drawn for storage of stocks in the future if needed. few weeks later, I had plenty of room and only had to walk down a flight of stairs.

One thing to keep in mind before taking the field (and I was very choppy!) - See grants and funding before registering! I applied for a scholarship and was approved only to be rejected after discovering he had an office. I did not know it was one of the criteria, but there are many scholarships available to local if it is worth looking into before you start looking at the buildings.

The situation was something that I had to look massively. Why would a company online, I have a strong presence on the street, or part of the city. Being in a town as rural was (and is!) Have their drawbacks, but nothing major. Your choice depends on both local companies are starting type, but does not consider the practical things, such as near a bank, broadband connections, neighbors, parking lots, collections messaging, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment